Signs of Success
Signs your baby is getting enough milk
- Your baby is deeply attached onto your breast and you are comfortable while feeding.
- Your baby breastfeeds with steady sucking and swallowing.
- Your breasts soften during a feeding.
- Your baby is content after a feeding.
- Your baby’s pees and poops are consistent with the information given to you at the maternity center.
- Your baby’s stools change from greenish-black to pale yellow, soft, and seedy looking over the first week (when you are exclusively breastfeeding).
- Your baby’s weight is normal and healthy according to your lactation consultant or other healthcare professional.