Make a Plan
Make a plan for back to work or school
Talk to your supervisor, academic advisor, or school nurse about your postpartum plans.
- Planning for your return can make it easier to transition back to your role as an employee or student.
- Learn about and take advantage of all available leave.
- Tell your boss or advisor you will continue to breastfeed after returning to work or resuming a class schedule.
- It may be worth reminding them that a breastfed baby is less likely to get sick, so you will not miss as many days from work or school.
- Find out if you can bring your baby to work or school if there is childcare available.